Upfrica Privacy and Copyright Policy
Last Updated: August 2, 2021
1. Who We Are
1.1 Upfrica Services.
Welcome to Upfrica Marketplace – The best marketplace to sell and buy beautiful things locally or nationwide! Through our trusted and dedicated platform and services, we enable our users to buy or sell products online.
1.2 Who's Who.
Upfrica Marketplace, Upfrica, upfrica.com. is registered n Ghana, West Africa number BN232302020.
2 Upfrica Terms Of Service
Last Updated: December 1, 2020
2.1 What Is Not Allowed On Upfrica
These are some of the Goods and Services which are not allowed on Upfrica.
- Weapons; guns/firearms and segments; silencers, chasing hardware, BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; firearms; and so on (regardless of whether they're lawful to purchase)
- Ammo, cuts, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, explosives, firecrackers/fireworks of any sort
- Adult-only, offers, adult stimulation, similar to blue films, sex toys, sales, or assistance of illicit prostitution as well as sex trafficking
- Exploitation or endangerment of minors; kid erotic entertainment
- Hazardous materials
- Human parts, remains or administrations, blood, bone and waste, surrogacy and surrogacy and fertility services, sperm and eggs, utilized pregnancy tests; unsanitized bedding/apparel
- Used clothing, briefs, pants, thongs, boxer shorts, nappies et cetera
- Physician endorsed drugs, medicinal devices; controlled substances and related things, any thing outlined just to enable somebody to take drugs
- Alcohol or cigarettes and related items; unpackaged or adulterated food or cosmetics, enhancing drugs, illegal drugs
- Pet deals, creature parts, stud benefit
- Endangered as well as protected species and any parts thereof, e.g. ivory
- False, deceptive, misleading, or deceitful substance/content; bait and switch; keyword spam
- Profane, offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious postings or email
- Stolen property, anything stolen with serial number/tags removed/altered, burglary tools, security tag removal items, blocked phones or no-signal phones, software to help you unlock any electronic item, like a phone, etc
- Black magic, spell casting, witchcraft, voodoo or any kind
- Hate organisations of any kind
- ID cards, licenses, police symbol, government reports, birth endorsements, international IDs, passports and so forth
- Military items not demilitarized in accord with country’s Defense Department policy
- Fake, copy, or pilfered things; tickets or gift vouchers that confine exchange
- Lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines, gambling items
- Fake, replica, copied, pirated duplicated or trademark items. anything fake, copied or unauthorised or not endorsed by original owner
- Spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content
- Postings or email offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services
- Affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes
- Personal information or mailing lists
- Bulk emails, Internet Protocol (IP), instant messenger (IM), or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers or other personal info
- Tools or software designed to send spam
- Any good, service, or content that violates the law or legal rights of others and breaches the law of your country
3. Our Privacy Statement.
Last Updated: May 23, 2020
Please also read Upfrica's Terms of Service ("Terms"), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
4. Personal Data That We Collect.
4.1 Information needed to use the Upfrica Platform
Upfrica must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customise, support, and market our Services, including when you register an account, access our platform, or use our Services. The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use or interact with us through the Services.
When you use or interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data. Sometimes this will be on our own behalf and other times this will be on behalf of a Seller or a Service Provider using our Services to run thier business.
4.2 Information Provided By All Users.
Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, a profile name "displayname", country of location and town, some of which will depend on the features you use.
Identity Verification Such as images of your government issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information.
As a User, specifically a Seller or a Service Provider, your mobile phone number must be provided to Us so We can make it available for potential Buyers to call you for a purchase
Your email address is used in Account sign up verification and also used to communicate with You in relation to our Services. We also collect your location information to inform Users the location of the goods and services they are serching to purchase.
4.3 Information you choose to give us.
Additional Profile Information You provide us, all in accordance with applicable laws. You may also add other information to your account, a profile photo and any other information that you choose to provide and/or that enables Users to be personally identified.
4.4 Information we automatically collect.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data.
5.1 Create and ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud and maintain a safe and secure marketplace.
We use personal information to:
5.2 Provide, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We use personal information to:
6. COPYRIGHT AND CONTENT USAGE FAQ
Copyright is a form of legal protection given to authors of original works such as literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, graphic, photographic, software and certain other intellectual works. The copyright owner has the exclusive right to reproduce the work, make new works based on the work, distribute copies, and perform or display the work, during the duration of copyright protection, subject to very limited fair use rights of others to use only such amount as necessary to exercise fair use rights. You should assume all third party content is protected by copyright unless you have determined otherwise with the assistance of legal counsel and you should not rely on fair use except pursuant to advice of legal counsel. You can, however, seek a permission or license to use third party copyright protected content and once obtained will have the right to do so.
6.1 Copyright Policy.
Each Upfrica.com's user is responsible for ensuring that the materials they upload to Upfrica do not infringe any third party copyright. Additionally, the General Terms and Conditions prohibit Upfrica users from using the site to infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
6.2 Reporting Claims of Copyright and Trademark Infringement
Upfrica.com's content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Upfrica does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of trademark or other rights. However, if you believe any of the uploaded content violates your copyright trademark, you should report to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Upfrica looks into reported violations and removes or disables content shown to be violating third party rights.
Upfrica may update or revise this policy from time to time. Accept that you will review this policy periodically. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this policy, but to continue using our sites, you must accept this policy as amended. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy or any modified version of this policy, the only possibility is to stop using our service.
Last Updated: August 2, 2021